If your dog gets queasy, try this ginger apple dog biscuit recipe. The ginger helps settle his tummy while you’re on the road. Our staff dogs think they’re yummy!
Ginger Apple Dog Biscuit Recipe
1-1/2 cups oat flour
4 oz. unsweetened applesauce
2 Tablespoons water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon ginger powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, and ginger. Add the applesauce and water. Mix well.
- Knead a few times until you have a dough ball. If the dough is too wet, add a bit more flour.
- Roll ¼ inch thick on a waxed paper surface. Cut with small cookie cutter or simply slice into smallish squares with a sharp knife. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes. Remove from parchment paper and let cool.
Refrigerate or freeze in airtight containers.
Tip: Use a snack sized serving of applesauce. Don’t worry if it isn’t exactly 4 oz. You can adjust the water as necessary.